Technology for Enterprise Capability Upgrading (T-Up) Programme
Topics To Be Discussed
Key Facts about the T-UP Programme
The T-Up programme is a dynamic initiative designed to bolster local Small and Medium-sized Enterprises (SMEs). It achieves this by seconding highly skilled Agency for Science, Technology and Research (A*STAR) research engineers and scientists to actively engage in the development and implementation of innovative processes within SMEs' Research and Development (R&D) projects.
Under the T-Up programme, these accomplished A*STAR scientists and research engineers are deployed to collaborate with local SMEs, dedicating up to two years of their expertise to the companies' R&D endeavors. This collaboration serves as a catalyst for SMEs, fostering the creation of innovative products and the enhancement of their business processes.
2. 30% or more local shareholding;
3. Company is an SME.
Benefits of Singapore T-UP Programme
One of the prominent advantages of participating in the T-Up Programme is the secondment of a highly skilled research scientist or engineer to your company throughout the duration of the project. This secondment brings several significant benefits to your organization:
- Access to Expertise: By having an A*STAR research scientist or engineer on board, your company gains access to cutting-edge knowledge, technical expertise, and valuable insights that can drive innovation and enhance your R&D projects.
- Innovative Solutions: The seconded expert can actively contribute to the development of innovative products, processes, and solutions within your company, fostering a culture of innovation and creativity.
- Cost-Efficiency: T-Up provides substantial financial support by subsidizing up to 70% of the secondment costs. This financial assistance helps your company reduce the overall expenses associated with the collaboration.
- Accelerated R&D: With a dedicated expert working alongside your team, your R&D projects can progress more rapidly, potentially leading to quicker product development and time-to-market.
Eligibility Criteria for the T-Up Programme Singapore
Participation in the T-Up Programme is open to companies that meet the following eligibility criteria:
Local Shareholding: Applicants must have a minimum of 30% local shareholding, demonstrating their commitment to the Singaporean business landscape.
Being an SME: Companies should maintain a group annual turnover of not exceeding S$100 million or possess a group employment size not exceeding 200 workers. This criterion ensures that the program is accessible to businesses of varying scales.
How to Apply for T-Up Programme
How We Can Help with the Singapore PSG Grant
This series of articles regarding Singapore government incentives was prepared by CorporateServices.com, a leading Singapore-based corporate service provider. We offer a range of services for private limited companies in Singapore. Our team of experienced experts provides Singapore company registration and other incorporation-related services through our cutting-edge online platform.
Contact us if you need assistance with setting up a new Singapore company or would like to transfer the administration of your existing company to us.