EFS – Project Loan
Topics To Be Discussed
Key Facts about the EFS – Project Loan
2. 30% or more local shareholding;
3. Group Annual Sales Turnover not exceeding S$500 million.
Benefits of the EFS – Project Loan
Supportable Loan Types
- Working Capital Loan: Businesses can access working capital loans through the EFS-PL to ensure smooth operations during the execution of their overseas projects. This vital financial support helps cover day-to-day expenses and enables businesses to respond flexibly to evolving project demands.
- Factory, Building, or Land (includes Purchase, Renovation, Construction): The EFS-PL extends its support to enterprises looking to invest in infrastructure for overseas projects. This includes financing for the purchase, renovation, or construction of factories, buildings, and land, offering businesses the physical assets they need for project fulfillment.
- Equipment, Machineries, Vessels, Other Fixed Assets, Machinery Hire Purchase: Acquiring necessary equipment, machinery, vessels, and other fixed assets is often critical for the success of overseas projects. EFS-PL allows businesses to secure financing for the procurement of these essential resources, facilitating project execution.
- Guarantees: Ensuring project security and mitigating risks is paramount. EFS-PL offers guarantees on behalf of the applicant to cover payment obligations to third parties.
Eligibility Criteria for the EFS – Project Loan
To be eligible for the EFS-PL, businesses must meet specific criteria:
Local Equity: Companies must have at least 30% local equity, held directly or indirectly by Singaporeans or Singapore PRs, as determined by ultimate individual ownership.
Annual Sales Turnover: Enterprises should have a Group Annual Sales Turnover not exceeding S$500 million to be eligible for EFS-PL financing.
SSIC Codes: Enterprises registered with SSIC codes beginning with 41, 42, or 43 may apply for the enhanced EFS-PL to support domestic projects.
Project-Related Fixed Assets: Fixed assets acquired through the loan must be used to fulfill contractual obligations under the project. They must be associated with secured sales orders or projects and cannot be used solely for general working capital or operating expenses.
How to Apply for the Enterprise Financing Scheme
How We Can Help with the EFS Incentive
This series of articles regarding Singapore government incentives was prepared by CorporateServices.com, a leading Singapore-based corporate service provider. We offer a range of services for private limited companies in Singapore. Our team of experienced experts provides Singapore company registration and other incorporation-related services through our cutting-edge online platform.
Contact us if you need assistance with setting up a new Singapore company or would like to transfer the administration of your existing company to us.